We offer a personalised management and treatment plan customised to your particular type and severity of dry eye by utilising cutting edge, state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and software combined with our clinical expertise and experience.
The aim of our specialist dry eye clinic is to evaluate your tear film with regards to quality and quantity, lid margin health and tear producing glands, to understand why you have dry eye and how best to alleviate your symptoms using the latest and most appropriate treatments available.
The dry eye examination normally includes the following procedures:
- Dry eye pre-examination questionnaire – this helps us understand and track the improvement in your symptoms
- High definition, high resolution photographs of the anterior eye (front of the eye)
- Meibography – we visualise and assess the meibomian glands (glands which produce complex oils to stabilise your tears) to ensure their optimum performance
- Corneal topography – maps the shape and irregularities in the cornea
- Assessment of the lipid layer (oil layer) of your tear film using the Medmont Meridia.
- Use of fluorescein and lissamine green diagnostic dyes – these are used to assess the health of the front of the eye.
This causes no discomfort or change in vision.
- NuLids professional eye lid cleaning – if you also suffer from blepharitis or meibomian gland dysfunction we may wish to clean your eyelids using the NuLids system, using a surgical microsponge to clear bacteria and debris from the eyelid and eyeslashes.